In support of 16 Day Against Gender Based Violence, Kibra Gender Advocacy Network (K-GAN) (A network of women rights organizations in Kibra) is planning a series of activities to increase awareness, galvanize advocacy efforts, share knowledge and innovations while engaging the the media in highlighting key activities throughout the campaign period: The activities are:
• A launch event that includes a march with community members to officially kick off the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence on November 25th.
• Capacity building/training on the POLICARE Policy and the Nairobi County S/GBV Act.
• A Forum on Intimate Partner Violence.
• Male Engagement Forum.
• Dialogue on Violence Against Children and Memorial for the late Cynthia Makokha.
• Dialogue with Religious Leaders on their role in eliminating S/GBV.
• A discussion with Human Rights Defenders on their Role in eliminating S/GBV.
• Zumba for Advocacy – December 9th
• Activity to end the 16 Days and A Call to Action – December 10th
• Radio interviews
• Television interviews.
• Weekly twitter chats
• Breakfast meeting with local journalists.
• Sharing survivors’ stories through audio visual
Contact Madina Mohammed or Victor Odhiambo on for partnership